- It is quite difficult moving back and forth between a 20D/5D and a 1DMkII/1DsMkII from an interface standpoint. I strive for simplicity, and prefer to have all of my cameras setup in a similar manner. Moving between a 1DsMkII and a 5D is challenging in a fast-paced environment.
- The buffer on a 1DsMkII is not adequate for wildlife photography (duh).
- The 1DMkII or 1DMkIIN is still an awesome camera for fast autofocus and high frames per second shooting.
- I love full frame 24x36mm viewfinders.
- The 400mm f/4 DO IS and 500mm f/4 L IS lenses are difficult to choose between. I would take either in a heartbeat.
- Canon needs to incorporate their new anti-dust technology in all EOS cameras. Period.
- I wish I could locate Safari Lager here in the USA.
- Epson P2000 devices are atrociously too slow for 12mp and higher cameras, especially when shooting with 8GB CF cards.
I hope to have my first round of images posted in the next few days. Time to sort through them all, deleting/ranking/processing along the way.
On my second safari, we saw 58 lions, 3 rhino, 1 leopard and 3 cheetah. We had some amazingly close elephant opportunities, as well as hordes of wildebeest and zebra. Giraffe were in abundance, including a number of drinking giraffe.
I am glad to be back home, but I look forward to returning in January.